God has a plan for us as we grow together in Him
Moose Jaw Baptist Church’s leadership currently consist of the following deacons: Nevin Hanning, Joseph Lopez, & Jon Oliveros. While we search for a lead Pastor, some of the church leadership are filling in various pastoral duties as preaching/teaching, counseling, etc.
The deacons regularly meet to pray and discuss plans for the immediate future. As the church begins to plan for the future, continue to pray as we go forward, seeking God’s guidance and wisdom for our church and for the leadership.
What Can I Do?
- Pray for powerful unity and oneness of spirit within the pastoral search committee and leadership (Amos 3:3; Matthew 18:19).
- Pray for God’s clear direction in how resumes are collected, examined and interviews conducted. Ask God to bring the right person to the attention of the pastoral search committee (Proverbs 14:12; Isaiah 55:8-9).
- Pray for the pastoral search committee to have God’s wisdom in all the questions and information they share with the prospective pastor. Spirit-led thoroughness is essential (1 Corinthians 2:10-16)!
- Pray for the team to have no timetable but God’s. They must be determined to find God’s perfect will in God’s perfect time (Ephesians 5:17).
- Pray for the future pastor and his family to have absolute certainty in their sense of call to our church. He must know he has God’s direction.
- Pray for the prevention of Satan’s influence in misleading or rushing the search team. One of Satan’s wiles is deception.
- Pray for a powerful hedge of protection around the committee and their families. Stay committed to serving, giving, and worshiping together. Uncertainty is disconcerting, but we have faith! Let’s continue to “grow together in Christ” through this transition time.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”– Jeremiah 29:11
During times of transition, there is a tendency for people to step back and have a posture of “wait and see.” As a church, we will strive to instead say, “God, we know you are with us, and so we are going to keep moving forward and trust you to do amazing things in us and through us.”
You may have additional questions. Feel free to touch base with our deacons – Nevin H., Jon O. & Joseph L. You may also e-mail your comment or question to email@example.com